Kids Run the OC
Questions, comments or to volunteer for Kids Run the O.C. can be directed to email@example.com
Registration: January 11, 2018 2:45pm-3:45pm in MPR
January 12, 2018: 6pm-7pm in MPR
** Parent/Guardian Must be Present**
SAVE the RACE DATE: May 5, 2018
"Gators will do - 26.2"
What is the “Kids Run the O.C.” Program?
The Kids Run The OC (KROC) Training Program was designed to help pre-adolescent kids become more physically fit, promote an active and healthy lifestyle and combat the onset of childhood obesity, while having fun! This is accomplished through various games, which help improve speed, agility, hand/eye coordination, flexibility and your child's overall fitness. This is a fantastic way to get your kids moving to promote a more active and healthy lifestyle!
The program will run Thursday's 3pm-4pm on Feb-Apr dates TBD. Each participant will have the training needed to run ONE MILE run at the Kids Run the OC Event on May 5, 2018 at the OC Fair Grounds. They will receive an official medal for their participation in the KROC Event, as well as, their official run time. Registration will be in January 11-12, 2018.
We FIRST need committed volunteer coaches and assistants!
The number of students who can participate will be limited to the number of coaches we can get signed up. Think of it as a good way to get your selves fit and moving well.
In addition, we also need volunteers to help with registration, photography, coordinating snacks and equipment. If you are interested in participating in anyway, please let us know.
¿Qué es el programa "Kids Run the OC"?
El programa Kids Run the OC (KROC) es diseñado para ayudar a los niños pre-adolescentes obtener una forma más física, promover un estilo de vida activo y saludable y combatir la aparición de la obesidad infantil, mientras se divierten! Esto se logrará a través de varios juegos, que ayudan a mejorar la velocidad, agilidad, coordinación, flexibilidad y estado físico general de su hijo. Esta es una manera fantástica para promover un estilo de vida más activo y saludable!
El programa se ejecutará el jueves 3pm-4pm desde el TBD. Cada participante tendrá la formación necesaria para correr una milla en el evento “Kids Run the OC” el 5 de mayo de 2018 en Costa Mesa. Cada participante recibirá una medalla oficial por su participación en el evento de KROC, así como su tiempo de ejecución oficial. La información para inscribir su hijo/a mandará en 1/11-12/18.
¡PRIMERO se requiere asistentes y entrenadores voluntarios!
El número de alumnos que pueden participar se limitará el número de entrenadores que podemos obtener. Todos los entrenadores tendrán que asistir a una de las dos sesiones de entrenamiento.
Además, también necesitamos voluntarios para ayudar con el registro, fotografía, y equipo. Si usted está interesado en participar en cualquier forma, por favor contáctenos.
Important Reminders for participants:
- Please make sure your child is wearing tennis shoes - any participant who is not wearing tennis shoes will not be able to participate that day - parents will be called and asked to bring appropriate shoes or pick up child.
- Please make sure your child has a bottle of water for the program
- Please make sure your child is wearing shorts or sports pants and a t-shirt with a light jacket or sweatshirt. It is advisable that children NOT wear jeans or dresses or pants that would inhibit their free movement.
- Our snack will be given at 3pm - snacks will be oranges and bananas - if your child does not like this snack, please send him/her with a substitute veggie/fruit (only veggie/fruit please). Donations at time of registration will be requested for snacks.
- Please review with your child the pledge information below - it is important that they understand the program prior to participating.
- We are working hard to have fun and make this an encouraging and positive program - our goal is that every child participates - if the unfortunate case your child becomes ill, is excessively disruptive, or unable to participate, we of course will be calling you to immediately come pick up your child. We do not want any child sitting out and not participating.
- Contact Bobbie Cuningham at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Remember - we are canceled if Kids Factory is canceled due to rain.
Gates PTA - Kids Run the O.C. Program
It is important that you take a few moments to go over the rules and expectations of our program with your child in order to ensure their safety and the safety of others. The following are agreed-upon responsibilities that we as students, parents, and coaches will live by, thus supporting student success both at school and at home.
The Student Pledge
My health and fitness is important and I am responsible for my success.I will LEAD by:
- Arriving on time and coming prepared.
- Working as a team and practicing school values.
- Having fun!
- Practicing proper safety procedures while running.
The Parent/Caregiver Promise
My participation in my child’s health and fitness is critical for him/her to be successful.I will LEAD by:
- Sending my child to practice on time and ready to run for each practice;appropriately dressed with sneakers, T-shirt, and a water bottle.
- Picking my child up from practice by 4pm every Thursday.
- Supporting my child to help him/her meet his/her running and nutritional goals each week of the training program and beyond.
- Ensuring that my child is at every practice.If my child isn’t able to attend a practice, I will ensure that he/she makes up the mileage, in order to complete 25.2 miles by May 5, 2018.
- Supporting my child at home by making sure the running/jogging/walking homework is completed each week.
- Make sure that my child is able to run during the time designated on May 5, 2018 (see above).
The Program Promise
We understand the importance of a quality, healthy lifestyle for each student.
- Setting clear expectations for student behavior by modeling what a leader is, thus developing value-centered, responsible students that will support and encourage one another.
- Teaching proper stretches, running form, and fun games to help promote an active lifestyle.
- Providing each child with weekly nutritional challenges to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Creating a safe, positive, and healthy environment for each child.
- Presenting weekly incentives to all students for their efforts and accomplishments.
- Establishing and maintaining open lines of communication with parents.