Reflections 2019 - 2020
The 2019-2020 PTA Reflections theme is "Look Within". Students can begin working on their entries now if they want to. Just image the kind of photos you could take, stories you could write, music you could compose, paintings you could create! You can work all summer too! Parents encourage your children. Creativity is intelligence having fun!
It's easy to participate:
1. Reflect on this year's theme: Look Within
2. Create an original work inspired by the theme.
3. Celebrate your achievements and win prizes!
Questions about Gate PTA Reflections can be sent to Reflections Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharpen your pencils, grab your camera, get your paint brushes out! The theme is "Heroes Around Me" and the categories are Literature, Visual Arts, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, Film Production and Photography. Students may enter one, two, three or all categories. Remember, it must be original work and the student must develop and create on his/her own. Entry deadline is TBD.
For more information, visit: http://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/
Gates PTA holds a Free Art Workshop for students in the MPR - art materials provided for "Visual Arts" category only.
Reflections Workshops scheduled TBD 2019. Art materials provided for the "Visual Arts" category only. Sign Up sheets will be posted outside the front office. Each day the first 50 students signed up on the list will be able to participate. (Kindergarten participants must attend with a parent.)
Want your child to attend the free workshop? YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING...
- Turn in your PTA signed waiver form
- Sign up on the sign-up sheet located outside of the front office to assure there is space on either date.
- Fill out the Reflection Workshop waiver that will be available at sign-ups and have your child bring it with them to the workshop.
A parent must attend with every Kindergarten student
What is Reflections?
The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of California PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That's why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
Here our a few of our PTA Reflections Program entries from Gates.
Reflections 2013-2014 "Believe, Dream, Inspire"
2012-13 "The Magic of a Moment"